Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Granola Challenge - Number 2

Note: DO NOT MAKE THIS! I am just posting this for reference. As I look over the ingredients again, I don't understand how the result was so bland and lackluster. The resulting granola didn't taste like ANYTHING, and since my only 9x13 pan is glass, it didn't get very crispy, either. After it cooled down, I even put a portion of it back in the oven for a while, but that didn't seem to help (but it did get a little crispier). I can't entirely blame my glass pan, though. This is just a crappy recipe. I found a couple of recipes that require granola cereal as an ingredient, so at least it won't go to waste. (Sorry, no picture.)

Ingredients
6 cups oats
1 1/2 cups wheat germ
1 cup nuts (I did about 1/3 cup each of walnuts, almonds, and pecans)
1 cup dried fruit (I was going to add these after the oven, but never bothered)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1 tbs vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Directions
1 Combine all ingredients
2 Bake in a 9x13" pan at 350° for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently
3 Cool, then stir until crumbled

source: http://community.livejournal.com/poor_skills/2472850.html

No comments: