Granola Challenge - Number 1

Note: This has coconut in it! I like it! It's a miracle. I'm not usually a fan of coconut. If you aren't sure where to get sesame seeds, you can get them in the spice aisle (I hit up the dollar store), or the "international foods" aisle. I liked this recipe much better than the last one I posted. It wasn't too much, there are more textures (the sesame seeds and the coconut add a nice touch), and it clumped better. I'm still not satisfied, though. When I'm finished eating this batch, there will be more testing!

Ingredients
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup sliced (or chopped) almonds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup coconut
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried fruit
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup honey

Directions
1 Mix oats, nuts, & grains together. Coat with honey & oil.
2 Bake at 300° for 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes
3 Add fruit & stir to combine

source: http://community.livejournal.com/poor_skills/2472850.html

Comments

Catherine said…
This recipe became my "famous granola".

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pot Pie

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Caramel Apple Jam