Crunchy Carmel Popcorn


Note: I used air popcorn and it worked great. It took 3 tablespoons of popcorn kernels to pop 4.5 cups - of which I used almost all of it and had a lot of excess carmel. I think I'll up the popcorn to 5-6 cups next time. Also, I used honey roasted peanuts, but you could use any kind, really. I'd stay away from the salted ones, though.

Ingredients
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter/margarine
1/4 cup corn syrup
5-6 cups plain popcorn
1/4 cup peanuts (optional)

Directions

In a medium sauce pan, melt the sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Add the popcorn and peanuts and stir until evenly coated. Pour the coated popcorn onto an aluminum-foil lined cookie sheet and spread out evenly on the sheet.

Bake in the oven at 250°F for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.

LET IT COOL BEFORE YOU DIG IN!

Edit: This is best if you make it right before you eat it. It only takes about 10-15 minutes in the kitchen, so it's definitely worth it. I had some leftover after 24 hours and it was quite soggy, but still edible.

source: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1613,134176-254197,00.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pot Pie

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Pumpkin Muffins