Easy-Peasy Peppermint Bark


Note: If you've ever bought Peppermint Bark in the store before, you are going to be mad at yourself when you see how EASY and INEXPENSIVE this recipe is! So easy. SO EASY. Also, for the love of Pete, go buy some Reynolds "Release" (non-stick) foil. It's a bit more expensive than regular foil, but it was well worth the price to me since it made this recipe so easy to do.

Ingredients
16oz White Chocolate, slivers or pieces*
1/2 tsp of peppermint extract or oil
5 large peppermint candy canes (or the equivalent), smashed**

*My grocery store sells 16oz blocks of chocolate in the bulk section, so I bought one and shaved it into small pieces using a large knife. If you can't find a block of chocolate, use white chocolate chips, or whatever you can find. The higher quality, the better, though.

** I removed the wrappers from the mini candy canes that I used, put them in a bag, and put that bag in another bag. Then I used a hammer to smash them up. My downstairs-neighbors probably think I'm crazy, because I was doing it on the floor in the middle of the kitchen.

Directions

1) Line a pan (one with edges) with release foil.

2) Melt the chocolate slowly in a double boiler or a fondue pot stirring frequently. When it is mostly liquid, stir constantly.

3) When all chocolate is completely melted, mix in peppermint extract/oil. Mix well.

4) Turn off the heat, and stir in peppermint pieces.

5) When peppermint pieces are incorporated, pour mixture onto the lined pan. Use a rubber/silicon scrapper to spread out the chocolate mixture. It might not cover the entire pan, but just spread it out as much as you can.

6) Stick the whole thing in the refrigerator to cool for about 10 minutes. Lick all the utensils clean.

7) Remove pan from refrigerator and break chocolate into pieces. Store in an airtight container until served.

Variation: Use regular chocolate/dark chocolate, use almond extract (1tsp) and almond pieces instead of peppermint. YUM!

source: My brain! I made this up after reading a lot of "recipes" online that I just didn't like very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pot Pie

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Pumpkin Muffins