Note: I modified this recipe from one that used self-rising flour, so that is why the amount of baking powder is so strange. This bread is deliciously sweet! Almost reminded me of a cornbread that way. I used an oatmeal stout that was slightly out of date, so it didn't rise much for me. But it was dense and delicious! Even Mike devoured his share. You could use any beer that you like, but I don't think a "lite" beer would be very good. See how much we devoured it? This is the tiny piece that was left when we were done with dinner.
1/2 cup sugar
3 cups flour
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
12 oz of your favorite beer
1/4 cup of melted butter
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Combine dry ingredients.
3) Stir in the beer until fully incorporated.
4) Pour batter into a GREASED loaf pan
5) Bake for 45 minutes at 350.
6) Pull the bread out of the oven and pour the melted butter over top.
7) Bake for another 15 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven and cool before slicing.
source: about.com (?)