Whole Wheat Crepes

Note: I didn't get a picture because they were gone SO FAST. Mike never had crepes before and I was going to make them this weekend whether I was out of all purpose flour or not! This recipe convinced me that whole wheat flour can do no wrong. They were light, smooth, rich, and everything a crepe should be. Other than the slightly-dark color, you would never know these were whole wheat. Seriously. I did modify this a bit, of course, but only because I knew I wanted them on the sweet side.

Ingredients
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T. melted butter
(butter for the pan)

Directions
1) Whisk all ingredients together VERY WELL.
2) (optional step) Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes or more for a more tender crepe.
3) Heat pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, butter it and add between 1/4c and 1/3c of batter to the pan, tilting to cover the pan.
4) Cook until the bottom of the crepe is lightly brown and speckled. Turn and cook the other side to a similar nice speckled golden brown.
5) Serve with whatever sounds good. You can do no wrong!

source: http://littlehouseinthesuburbs.com/2009/05/whole-wheat-crepes.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Chicken Pot Pie

Homemade Calzones