Sausage & Cheddar Pinwheels
3 c. flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. butter or margarine, cut into pieces
1/3 – 1/2 c. milk
1 lb. bulk pork sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled small
2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
1) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2) Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly.
3) Add milk as need until a soft but not sticky dough forms. Knead dough one minute.
4) Divide dough in half and roll out. Top with half of the sausage and half of the cheddar.
5) Roll up jelly roll style and slice into pieces, about an inch thick.
6) Place onto a cookie sheet lined with foil and greased.
Repeat steps 4-6 with the second half of dough and fillings.
8) Bake at 375 degrees for 15 – 18 minutes, until golden brown.