Note: This is less of a recipe and more like instructions! They are simple to put together and I had dinner on the table after about 5 minutes of prep work and 15 minutes in the oven. Serve with normal breakfast fare.
1 egg per egg puff
1 slice of ham or other deli meat per egg puff, thinly sliced
1 handful of shredded cheese (cheddar is my favorite, but any kind will work!)
Optional - your favorite omelet fillings
1) Preheat the oven to 375. It will probably take longer for the oven to heat than for you to put these together!
2) Take out your muffin tin and line one cup with ham per egg puff you are making. Spread them out if you are not using the whole pan.
3) Crack an egg into each lined cup. If you prefer scrambled, scramble up the egg before you pour it in.
*Optional Step* Put a few pieces of omelet fillings in each cup - a few pieces of pepper, mushroom or even more ham!
4) Top each cup with a handful of shredded cheese.
5) Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.
6) Let them cool for a little bit before taking them out of the tins. The fat in the ham should keep them from sticking, but you may need to run a butter knife around the edge of each puff.