Note: You control the spiciness when you make this soup! The Tabasco sauce is what really gives it that extra kick, so use a VERY light hand when adding it (I had no idea what I was doing. it was SPICY).
28oz Crushed Tomatoes
15oz Diced Tomatoes
Kidney Beans (3 15oz cans, or 3/4 lb, cooked)
6 ribs celery, chopped
1 onion, diced
garlic 6 cloves
1lb sausage, in bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup uncooked rice
2 tsp parsley
2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp oregano
2 whole bay leaves
Tabasco sauce - a few drops to a few shakes.
1) Put the tomatoes and a can of water in a large stock pot and put it on to boil.
2) Before it boils, add the kidney beans, celery, onion, garlic, and sausage.
3) Add in all the spices except for the Tabasco sauce.
4) After it boils, turn it down to a low simmer for 1/2 an hour. Add a few drops of Tabasco, and taste after 5 minutes. Continue to slowly add more and taste after 5 minutes until it is at the desired heat level.
5) When 1/2 an hour is up, add 1/2 cup of rice. Let simmer for another 1/2 an hour.
6) Remove bay leaves (DO NOT FORGET - they can cause damage if ingested) and serve!
source: none - this is all my own!