Tuna Noodle Casserole


Note: This was a suggestion from my friend Amy and I put my own twist on it. In particular, I didn't have an cream soup on hand, so I made my own. I also added veggies (not that you can tell by the picture).

Ingredients

For cream sauce: (Can replace with 1 can condensed cream soup + 1/4 cup milk)
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup low-fat or fat free milk
salt and pepper to taste

1 bag of Egg Noodles
1 can of Tuna Fish
1/2 cup to 1 cup of cooked veggies
Italian Bread Crumbs


Directions

1) Prepare Egg Noodles cooking a minute or two less than the package directions, drain, set aside.

2) Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in flour; keep stirring until smooth and bubbly.

3) Remove from heat and add the chicken broth and milk, a little at a time, stirring to keep smooth.

4) Return to heat. Bring sauce to a gentle boil; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens. Add salt, pepper, and any other desired spices to taste.

5) Stir the tuna fish into the soup mixture. Add in vegetables, if desired.

6) Combine noodles and tuna fish soup mixture in a large bowl and mix well.

7) Put the mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs.

8) Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.

source: My friend Amy, my brain, and a google search for good ways to make your own condensed soup.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Chicken Pot Pie

Crunchy Granola Bars