Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Crazy Crust Pizza
Note: This is a really fun pizza recipe! Definitely different than all the ones I've seen out there. It also calls for a LOT less flour than my normal pizza recipe, so this is a great one for when you are low.
1 c flour
1 t salt
2/3 c milk
1 t oregano
1/8 t pepper
Your favorite toppings
1 c pizza sauce
1 c mozzarella cheese
You will need a pizza pan with sides (12" - 14") or a cookie sheet with sides.
1) Preheat the oven to 450F.
2) Prepare your toppings if necessary
3) Lightly grease/dust pan with flour (I use Baker's Joy spray).
4) Mix eggs and milk. Add flour, salt, oregano, and pepper. Mix until smooth - it will be BATTER not DOUGH!
5) Pour the batter into the pan, tilting batter to cover bottom.
6) Arrange topping over batter. Gently push into batter if possible.
7) Bake on low rack for 13-20 minute until golden brown.
8) Remove pizza from oven, drizzle pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
9) Return to oven 5-10 min.
source: This is a recipe from Mike's mother. She thinks it might have been from an old Pillsbury cookbook, but I have not found any information about it.