Note: These are really good. Mike didn't realize they weren't from a can. And I could eat more than just a little (the canned stuff is too smooth for me). No picture. Think about what re-fried beans look like. You probably don't want a picture.
1 pound of pinto beans (or black beans if you prefer)
1) Soak and cook the beans as directed on packaging (if you use canned, skip this step)
Optional: When cooking the beans, add half a jalapeno and one onion to the water for more flavor.
2) Save the liquid used to cook the beans. You will need approximately 1/2 cup, maybe more.
3) Let the beans cool.
4) Put the beans in a food processor, 1 cup at a time. Add 1 tsp of bouillon, 1/2 tsp of cumin, 1/2 tsp of chili powder, and a splash or two of the bean liquid. Process until at the desired consistency. Add more liquid if necessary.
5) Repeat step 4 until all the beans are mushed up really good.
6) Serve warm or cold. Use in your favorite recipes or eat plain on chips! This freezes well.