1 pkg. (14 oz.) macaroni & cheese dinner (with cheese sauce packet)
1 lb. ground beef (or 1 cup cooked ground beef and 1 can of black beans)
1 pkg. taco seasoning
3/4 cup sour cream (or 6oz Plain Greek Yogurt)
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 cup salsa
1) Spray 8in square baking dish (or equivalent) with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 400.
2) Prepare macaroni as directed. While macaroni is cooking, cook meat (and beans) with Taco seasoning as directed.
3) When the macaroni and cheese is finished, stir in the sour cream until well blended.
4) Spoon half the macaroni and cheese into the baking dish. Top with the meat mixture and a layer of 1cup of shredded cheese. Add a final layer of the rest of the macaroni and cheese.
5) Cover dish and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add a layer of salsa and the rest of the shredded cheese, bake for 5 more minutes uncovered.