1-1/2 pounds of boneless chicken or 2 pounds of bone-in chicken
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 can of black beans or pinto beans, rinsed
1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
Fixings for tacos, nachos, or rice bowl.
- Put the chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Whisk lime juice and spices in a small bowl and pour over chicken.
- Dump beans and salsa over top of the chicken. Make sure the chicken is covered.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours for raw chicken or 8-9 hours for frozen chicken.
- Carefully remove chicken from the bottom of the slow cooker - it will be moist & might fall apart! Use a slotted spoon or two large carving forks.
- Shred the meat and return to the slower cooker (remove bones at this time)
- Cook for 15-30 on high to let the mixture thicken.
- Serve as desired