1 spaghetti squash
olive oil, for sauteing
1 clove of garlic, minced
8-16oz of marinara sauce (depending on size of squash)
5oz grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
fresh basil or 1 tbsp dried basil
black pepper, optional
- First, you must roast your spaghetti squash. Preheat the oven to 375.
- Rinse your squash with cool water and remove all dirt and debris; pat dry.
- With a sharp knife, cut the squash lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a large spoon and rub the flesh with olive oil. Sprinkle with pepper if desired.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a baking pan and place the squash halves face down on it.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (until tender). Remove from oven and let cool until you can handle it.
- Use a fork to remove the squash from it's rind. The squash will have a natural "grain" and will come out in long strings if you drag a fork across the flesh.
- Saute garlic in oil and after a few minutes, add squash. Saute for 7-10 until heated through.
- Place squash in a baking dish and mix in marinara sauce 1/2 cup at a time until it is incorporated, but not watery.
- Top with cheese and basil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350degF.