Notes: Use better than bullion or chicken stock in place of the broth. If you like veggies, you can put about twice as much as is called for in. That's what I did.
8 cups chicken broth
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup uncooked rice
1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Combine broth, onion, celery, carrots and garlic in a large soup pot.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Add rice and thyme.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add chicken and heat through.
6. Thin with more broth if necessary.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.