Note: I would love to change the name of this! If anyone gives this a try and has any suggestions, let me know. This recipe is from a friend and was originally called "Easy Lemon Pudding Cake".
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk (or soy milk)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (or lemon peel)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- juice of 2 lemons
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get water boiling in a kettle.
1. (cake) Whisk together flour, sugar, powder, soda, and salt in a
bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together soy milk, oil, zest, and lemon
juice. Add to flour and stir with a spoon until just mixed. Pour into
a 8 x 8 pan and spread evenly.
2. (sauce) Whisk together sugar and flour, then sprinkle evenly over batter.
3. Pour boiling water and lemon juice over top. Do not stir.
4. Bake for 40-45 mins, until top is golden and cake is cooked through.